Monday, February 20, 2012

Seasonal Re-Assessment

It's getting really cold in DC/Northern Virginia, and even though Spring is supposed to be just around the corner I want to go to South Carolina to get the temperature up by just a few more degrees. The further south I go, the harder it is for me to find work or generous people, but the easier it is to find shelter (both official and unofficial), so I like to lurk around this area because there's a nice balance between the two. Weather is kind of a wildcard here; winters can be kind of cold and snowy, and summers can be unbearably hot.

Today is a bad day to pan handle, but a great day for entertaining in the streets. I wish I had a guitar.

2 comments:

  1. Had a look in local pawnshops for an acoustic?

    I'd invest in ex-army clothing from a surplus store too, in case you've never though about it bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is that I have no place for storage, at least not an accessible one (my shack in the woods is pretty far). Maybe if an anon in DC would be kind enough to let me keep some items at their place I would be able to get a guitar or more clothes.

      Clothing is not really an issue for me; I keep swapping out old clothes for not-so-old ones every 6 or 7 months. When I need jackets, I usually get a "new" one (from a thrift store) and then give it away when summer comes.

      Delete